Contribute, through strategic and coordinated government action, to making Canada a country in which Canadians understand and benefit from linguistic duality.
The Official Languages Branch supports the Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages and senior officials from federal departments, institutions and agencies in coordinating all Government of Canada activities on official languages.
The Official Languages Branch fulfills this mission by:
- Establishing the strategic direction of the Official Languages Program;
- Fostering coordinated government action;
- Providing guidance and advice;
- Facilitating intergovernmental cooperation;
- Informing departments and institutions who are partners in the Official Languages Program of government commitments and priorities relating to their obligations under the Official Languages Act;
- Disseminating research results and;
- Enhancing the accountability of federal departments, institutions and agencies.
- Date modified :